Friday, March 12, 2010

Alexander McQueen









Recently, I've felt an eerie feeling that something on my blog is missing. Searching through the internet looking for a fashion designer to feature this week I finally found what was missing, a place where I could honour Fashion Genius Alexander McQueen. A pattern making expert who can do anything from melodramatic 16th century to razor sharp tailoring which he has made his own, he truly made a mark in the fashion industry. Here such a short time designing the impact he's made has been unmeasurable and unrivaled by others. In his collections through the times there is a timeless element of juxtapositions: feminine and masculine, modern and traditional, simple and complex, light and dark, fluid and severe amongst many others. Here I'm showing some of my favourite pieces and moments from him of all time. I hope you enjoy.
Rest soundly Alexander McQueen, and keep creating even in your dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment